Every open source or paid software and program has its own set of compatibility and system requirements in order to work smoothly and effectively over the internet or in its intended location. Magento is similar in that it is built on PHP technologies utilizing Zend Framework with a well-managed modular structure to make things simpler. It is a wide and large application to make the life of ecommerce retailers easier.
Here is the system requirement which can guide you how you have to configure your system to run Magento eCommerce Website.
Operating System Support for Magento
1. Linux x86, x86-64
2. Windows server on WAMP and XAMPP
Magento supported Web Servers
Apache 1.3x to Apache Latest 2.2x
Magento runs well on nginx for Magento 1.7 to Enterprise latest version
Magento PHP Compatibility
5.2.13 to latest PHP version
PHP Extension Required to be enabled on a web server
To run Magento, the following php extensions must be installed and enabled through php.ini; if these extensions are not enabled, Magento may refuse to install on the web server.
SOAP – To integrate your web store with third-party applications
Safe_Mode = off
Memory Limit = 256MB minimum
Magento MySQL Requirement
MySQL 5.0.2 and newer for Enterprise Edition 1.13
MySQL 4.1.20 or newer for Enterprise Edition 1.12 and Magento Community Edition
SSL- Secure Socket Layer
SSL is necessary for all eCommerce sites, and if you want https to be enabled for the admin, customers, and checkout in the frontend, you must have verified SSL set on your web server. Also, self-signed SSL certificates not support with Magento.
Your Web Server Hosting Setup
- Your hosting must have the ability to execute and schedule cron scripts to automatically update currencies and taxes, as well as perform certain scheduled jobs for log cleaning and other items on a regular basis.
- To override .htaccess rules, you must also have read and write permission.
Preferable Hosting Environment
- Nexcess.Com – Dedicated and Shared Server both are compatible with Magento – SSH supported for the dedicated server on request.
- Rackspace.Com has dedicated cloud support run well for Magento – SSH supported
- Amazon EC2 – is the best could server for Magento with dedicated access to perform all kind of activities using SSHAbove are the configuration which will run your Magento eCommerce Website smoothly and rapidly to give better user experience with faster page loading. If you are still not clear that our Expert Magento Consultant available to provide you better idea related to your server and Magento setup.