Are you incurring loss because of inappropriate shipping charges shown on your Magento 2 store? Are you looking for a solution to show the exact shipping charges for different kind of products? We have the best fitting solution for this problem.
In default Magento 2, there are shipping carriers available, which you can select as per your need. There are also other methods called free shipping, flat rate shipping and table rate shipping. All these show a fix rate and are not dynamic. We understand that an e-store comprises for wide range of products each with varied dimensions and weight. The shipping carriers charge the merchant as per the dimension and weight of the product to be shipped. In this case, if it is a large product and the shipping cost charged to the customer is less, then you as a merchant have to bear the loss.
To overcome this, the Magento certified developers at M-Connect Media have come up with a solution in the form of a Mconnect Shipping Rule Magento 2 extension. With this extension, you can show shipping cost specific to products. It allows to creae shipping rules using many conditions. Thus, it is now possible to show dynamic shipping cost as per the products added to cart.
Key Aspects of Mconnect Shipping Rules Extension for Magento 2
- Dynamic shipping charges for shipping carriers based on given conditions.
- Recalculation of shipping charges using various options provided.
- Shipping rule will be applied based on particular products, categories, customer groups, etc.
- Additional conditions such as weight range, total quantity and price of products added in cart can also be included in the shipping rule.
- Store Owner has the flexibility to add number of conditions.
- Days of the week selection on which shipping rule is to be applied.
- Shipping charges can also be recalculated based on coupon code applied.
- Shipping charges can also be recalculated based on shopping cart rule applied.
- Shipping rules can be prioritized as per need. 0 is considered as highest.
Installations & Configuration of Mconnect Magento 2 Shipping Rule Module
To install M-Connect Magento 2 module, Visit the Step by Stpe Guide.
To configure Shipping rule on your Magento 2 store, visit the configuration steps.
How it Works?
Let’s make it clearer, by understanding the working of the extension. Below is the explanation with figures:
- Navigate to M-Connect Media → Manage Shipping Rules to add new, edit/delete existing shipping rule.
- Add new Shipping Rule:
- Click on “Add New Rule” button located at top right corner to add a new shipping rule. Then follow below steps on how to configure the rule.
- Shipping Rule tab:
- Rule Name – Click on the first tab and provide appropriate rule name.
- Status – Set the status as “Enable” if the rule is to be kept active.
- Shipping Carriers – It displays all the shipping carriers on your store, you can select the desired ones to which the shipping rule is to be applied. Note: The shipping carriers enabled from admin will only be shown at the front end.
- Coupon Code – Enter any one existing coupon code to which the shipping rule is to be applied.
- Shopping Cart Rule – The dropdown options shows all the existing shopping cart rules. You can select any one to which the shipping rule is to be applied.
- Days of the week – You can select one or many days on which the shipping rule has to be applicable.
- Priority – As you can have more than one shipping rule, you can set priority for each shipping rule; 0 being the highest.
- Rates tab:
- Calculation – It has three options: replace, surcharge and discount. Replace will change the shipping charge to the value entered in “Maximal total rate” field. Surcharge will add the value to the existing shipping charge. Discount will subtract the percentage entered from the existing shipping charge.
- Maximal total rate – Enter the rate as per option selected above.
- Conditions tab:
- Here the conditions can be created as per default feature of Magento. Hence, you can create conditions as per your need.
- Apply the rule to – Here you have three options whether the rule is to be applied to all the orders, only backorders or orders except backorders. Choose appropriately.
- Additional Conditions tab:
- Enter the weight range of product in “Weight From” and “Weight To” fields if the rule is to be applied for specific weight.
- Enter the range of quantity of product in “Qty From” and “Qty To” fields if the rule is to be applied for specific quantity.
- Enter the price range of product in “Price From” and “Price To” fields if the rule is to be applied for specific price.
- Note: All these will the applied to the total for products added in cart.
- Products tab:
- Condition Type – There are two options: “Any” and “All”. If you want the rule to be applied if any of the product selected is added to cart, then select the option “Any”. If you want the rule to be applied only when all the products selected are added to cart, then select “All” as condition type.
- All the products on your store will be listed here. Select the ones to which the shipping rule is to be applied.
- Categories Selection tab:
- Condition Type – There are two options: “Any” and “All”. If you want the rule to be applied if product of any of the selected category is added to cart, then select the option “Any”. If you want the rule to be applied only when all the products of selected category are added to cart, then select “All” as condition type.
- Select Categories – Select categories as per you need. The shipping rule will be applied only when products of selected category are added to cart.
- Stores & Customer Groups tab:
- Store View – Select the store view/s in which the shipping rule is to be executed. You can select “All Store Views” as well.
- Customer Groups – Select the customer group/s in which the shipping rule is to be executed.
- Front end:
- The shipping charge will be displayed as per the shipping rule configurations and products added in cart.
In a Nutshell
So, you see how the qualified developers of M-Connect Media have delivered an easy to use solution to save yourself from losses incurring due to shipping charge. looking to implement this effective shipping rule solution to your eCommerce store? Visit https://www.mconnectmedia.com/shipping-rules-magento-2.html.