Like any other process, Shipping Methods also play a very crucial role in an eCommerce store , to make it a success.
After buying a product from an online store, a customer expects the product to be delivered to them on a specified time and in good working condition. But when they are in the process of purchasing something from you, they want some choices under Payment and Shipping Methods section. They want to choose the carriers and payment method as per their convenience.
And this is the reason, the platform of Magento 2.0 offers 4 different types of shipping methods. Let us see which are the 4 shipping methods supported:
Now, let us discuss each method one by one.
Flat Rate Shipping
From all the shipping methods in Magento 2.0, this is the basic one. This method helps in offering a fixed shipping rate either as per item or per order. As this method is really beneficial as well as simple to implement, most of the shop owners use it with ease.
Now let us see, which steps are involved in the configuration:
- Navigate to: Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping methods > Flat rate
- Once the above window opens, you need to fill in all the details to show this method on storefront. Go through the below steps to configure the Magento 2.0 Flat rate shipping:
- Select Yes to enable this method.
- Give a title to the Flat rate shipping method.
- Provide a name to the method
- Select Per order/per item method type.
- Keep the shipping price which you want your customers to pay for the product or order.
- Calculate the shipping handling fee either with some fixed amount or with fixed percentage amount.
- Customize the error message which you want to display when any error occurs.
- With the option of “Ship to the applicable countries” you can apply the flat rate on shipping to any specific country.
- After you have entered the details in all the given fields, click on ‘Save Config’ apply this configuration in Magento 2.0
Today, you got to know about the 4 default and effective shipping methods of this new version of Magento and also learnt about the flat rate shipping method in detail. We will discuss about the free shipping method in our next blog so, keep tuned.
Please share your suggestions and feedback to us. Get in touch with us for all Magento and eCommerce related services and solutions.