In the previous blog , we discussed about the 4 default shipping methods and explained the flat rate shipping in detail. We also learnt how to configure the flat rate shipping method for Magento 2.0 based eCommerce store. Now, in the current blog, we will find out about free shipping method and its configuration.
This shipping method is one of the most productive method for any eCommerce business or webstore. The option of free shipping already applies to the orders which qualify for the minimum purchase amount. This method can be applied to your Magento store by the setting of some shipping rules.
If you wish to keep this rule on your webstore, follow the steps:
- First of all, log in to your Magento admin panel and navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Free Shipping.
- Once the Free Shipping method menu opens, you need to define all the fields before applying it to your store.
- You can enable the free shipping method by selecting Yes for Enable/Disable
- Give a title for the method
- Write a name in the Method name field.
- Define a minimum amount of the order to qualify for free shipping.
- Set a message to display for errors.
- Choose the best suitable option for Ship to Applicable Countries field.
- There will be one more field for “Show Method if Not Applicable”, when you select Specific Countries under ‘Ship to Applicable Countries’ In this field, you need to select either Yes or No.
- The Sort Order field offers you an option to give a number of priority for this method in the Magento 2.0 Shipping Methods list.
- Save these steps with the option of Save Config.
The above steps are for the configuration of Free Shipping method. But, to complete the configuration, you also need to configure a carrier for this method. So, let us now configure the UPS carrier option with the help of below steps and screen shot.
- From the Shipping Methods menu, go to UPS
- Fill up the required fields to enable the complete Free Shipping methods.
- Click on Save Config once you finish defining all the fields.
You know that adding free shipping methods on an online store convinces more customers to proceed with the purchase process. So, in
the above blog, we discussed free shipping methods and how you can configure it in any Magento 2.0 store. Want to know about the other 2 shipping methods too, Read our next blogs !!!
Please share your suggestions and feedback to us. Get in touch with us for all Magento and eCommerce related services and solutions.