Your Magento product page is where customers are going to buy. Check out this guide to make them say yes. Wouldn’t you like to convert more leads?
Magento comes in at number one for eCommerce sites and it’s not hard to see why.This powerful program offers benefit after benefit for those that use it.
It’s scalable, offers robust community support, is flexible and SEO friendly. But the number one reason online retailers choose Magento is because it’s built for eCommerce.
Recommended Read: Magento – A Complete Omni-Channel E-commerce Platform
You probably don’t need to be told any of this if you’re dealing with eCommerce.The thing is, you might be struggling to convert leads on your Magento product page.
With an average cart abandonment rate hovering around 68%, you can’t afford to neglect any potential sales.
If you follow our step by step guide to improving your product page, you’re almost guaranteed to see big results.
Start With The Right Titles
- A great title is a concise description of the item.
- It sounds like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many eCommerce sites make the mistake of creating useless titles.
- You’ll want to be descriptive but keep it below 65 characters for best SEO practices.
- Try to avoid using brand names unless you are selling a very famous name brand product.
- Most important of all, the title should differentiate it from all other similar items.
- Make it unique so your customers will land on it during their search.
Don’t Ignore The URL
- The humble product URL is often neglected, but it’s going to be one of your best tactics to draw eyes to your Magento product page.
- If your potential customer does a Google search, they’re more likely to click on the URL with a simple, streamlined description.
- They’ll plainly see what they’re clicking on instead of a jumble of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Cleaning up your product URL will draw customers in and improve your click through rate.
Pump Up Your Descriptions
- Product descriptions are your time to shine and a great way to stand out from the pack.
- Many eCommerce sites commit the sin of copying and pasting the manufacturer’s product description.
- This is a HUGE eCommerce mistake on many levels.
- First off, search engines like Google will penalize your site because they’ll consider it as duplicate content.
- Second, it’s dull and boring. Give your customers a reason to finalize that sale!
- A great description adds nothing but value and quality to your Magento product page.
- Really sell the customer on the item. Use any of the five senses applicable to show what the product is about.
- Be different and descriptive, but don’t ramble.
- If you want to go even further, tell a little story about it.
- Does it remind you of something you had as a child? Can you see a famous character from a movie using it?
- Whatever you can add to a description will grab the customer’s attention and set you apart from other online retailers.
- Once your customer is invested in the product, they’ll click.
Make It Printer Friendly
- This is a weird trick for an eCommerce site but it works.
- Whatever the case may be, many customers prefer to print out pages.
- There are different reasons they might do so.
- They might prefer to read a printed page instead of a computer screen.
- It could be an easy way for them to show the product to friends and loved ones.
- No matter their reason for doing so, make it easy for them.
- Create Magento product pages that are clutter-free and easy to read when printed.
- It’s a small but effective trick that could boost your sales.
Adding Up Trust Signals
- When you hear trust signals, you probably think of the symbols on an eCommerce site that say it’s a secure connection.
- While your Magento product page should definitely have that, there are more trust signals to consider.
- What you’re looking to do is add things to your page that address customer concerns that might crop up.
- Things like the price of shipping and how soon something will ship are fantastic ideas to add on to your website.
- Think about adding customer ratings somewhere on the page too.
- Don’t forget about the power of a wish list, which gives the client a way to save a product for later.
- Put the customer at ease and they’ll put more items in their carts.
Clear Call To Action Buttons
- This should go without saying but if you want conversions, make it easy for the customer.
- Your Magento product page should streamline your sales, so don’t hide your CTA buttons.
- The “Add To Cart” or “Proceed To Checkout” buttons should be easy to find and stand out from the copy.
- Don’t make it a tiny little hyperlink or hide it in a block of copy.
- If you want conversions, show them where to click.
Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Clicks
- Here’s probably the most important key to optimizing your Magento product page: high-quality photos.
- Humans are incredibly visual creatures. In fact, 90% of the data that is transmitted to the brain is purely visual.
- We are wired for pictures. Our brains process pics 60,000 times faster than text.
- If you don’t have great photos on your site, you’re losing conversions.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting pics:
- Show it off – Of course, have the product in a standalone shot but try to show it in action.
- Go for quality – Stick to hi-res images for best impact.
- Size matters – Make sure your customer can see what you’re selling. A little tiny photo just won’t cut it.
- Get the best angle – Shoot your product from multiple sides to give your customers the complete picture.
- Bonus: if you can pair products in a shot, go for it.
- For example, if you’re an online clothing retailer and you’re selling the blouse your model is wearing, have them wear other items you offer too.
- Provide links at the bottom for these separate items – there’s an opportunity to increase sales!
Go Beyond Photos – Add Videos
- If photos are worth a thousand clicks, videos are worth more!
- People love seeing the product in action and this leads to conversions for your Magento product page.
- Adding video has been shown to boost unique visitors to a page by 300% and then keep them there much longer than average.
- Not only that, 64% of customers are more likely to buy from you if there’s a video on the site.
- If you’ve got the budget and the know-how, consider adding videos to your site to bump up sales.
Delivery for your Customers
- Customers have more of a long-term impact on your business than you might expect.
- Of course, you want to keep your customers happy but you might not realize how crucial that is to achieve conversions.
Keep these statistics in mind when dealing with customers:
- 87% of customers will share a positive experience, but a whopping 97% will make it known they had a negative experience
- Online reviews influence approximately 90% of shoppers
- In fact, 40% will actively recommend people stay away from your site if they had a bad experience
- 24% of those who have a great experience with your business will stay loyal to you for two or more years
- Inversely, 39% of those who have a bad experience will avoid you for the same amount of time
- Are you starting to spot a trend?
- Those who have bad experiences are more proactive in turning others away from you than those who are satisfied.
- That is definitely NOT something you want for your business.
- Make sure your Magento product page serves the customer in every respect.
- Build it to be easy to use and answer all of their questions as soon as possible.
- If you want to go a step further, add a live chat option.
- Phone calls can be daunting and email forms are impersonal, not to mention it could be several days before they get a response to a quick question.
- By adding a chat feature, you can resolve customer issues quickly and keep them coming back for more.
Make Your Magento Product Page The Best It Can Be
Now that you’ve got all of the tools, what are you waiting for? Even just adding one of these tactics is sure to get you the conversions you’ve been craving.
If you need a bit more guidance, consider M-Connect Media, the leading experts in Magento product pages. They’ve got all the tools you need under one roof, including design, development and customer support.
M-Connect Media can help you as much or as little as you want, from overhauling your website completely to just offering insights on how to drive sales.
Partner with M-Connect Media to take your Magento product page to the next level.
Which tip are you going to try out first? Have you made any other changes that lead to more conversions? If so, we want to hear all about it. Tell us in the comment section and let’s get a conversation going!