The aim of building a social business page is to convert customers, build awareness, create connections and enhance relationships. It was not something that you wanted to lose—your relationships with followers. Losing followers on social media is more frightening than a nightmare and could lead to a brand decline.
Let’s say you logged into Instagram the next morning and discovered that more than 10 of your followers had unfollowed you. The same way you logged in to Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Twitter, and found that you are losing followers. As insane as the joker would be your reaction.
In this article, we will explore the reasons why your business may be losing social media followers. Moreover, we will look at steps you can take to slow down and gradually stop the trend.
The Top Reasons You are Losing Followers on Your Social Media Page
We know that it hurts more than a person hurts, so we came up with a solution. In the era of social media, it is not wrong to say that it is a way to become a permanent trend and a means to become successful. According to the July 2021 report, there are 4.48 billion social media users around the world, which is almost 57% of the world’s total population.
1. Fill the blank (complete your profile)
As they say, incomplete knowledge is dangerous, but when it comes to social media accounts, we say incomplete information is dangerous. Personally, I do not like visiting brands that have incomplete information, a bio that lacks a picture, and a profile that does not include their company’s website.
Maybe you are a customer of one of your favorite brands. How often have you seen their profile incomplete? Hopefully, never ever, as you will find on their profile an appealing profile picture, complete bio with the brand’s details, stunning grid, and many more.
In short, if your profile is incomplete, chances are your audience will click on the unfollow button. Since they find nothing worth watching, reading and learning about, they do not follow you because they believe that you are incomplete.
- Solution: The solution isn’t that hard. Write a bio that is engaging and include a professional photo as your profile picture. It’s also a good idea to keep your profile grid themed, as it will add more appeal to your profile.
There is no doubt that those who have a complete profile will get people to tap the “follow” button. Also, you may read expert suggestions on how to keep your profile professional and enticing.
2. Drive someone mad (Frequently posting)
This is the second most common reason people lose followers on social media. You cannot annoy someone by posting too often or too frequently. Choosing a good time to post is important because if you are posting frequently, the algorithm is unlikely to help you reach people you would like to reach.
If you post frequently, you will ruin your profile credibility and lose people’s interest. You can use your own example, do you like seeing brands post frequently? Isn’t it annoying or irritating? Therefore, posting frequently can make your followers bored or irritated, and that will unfortunately cause them to unfollow you and unfollow you from their followers list.
Do not post the same thing repeatedly on social media. Social media is already crowded, so do not contribute to the chaos by posting the same thing over and over. This will only result in people losing interest in your brand because your practice is making it messier.
- Solutions: Anything that is over than it has no value, which is also true for social media posts. Before posting frequently, you should always ask yourself if that is driving results for your brand. Does it add value to your followers? Would they like you to post frequently? Answering these questions will determine whether or not it’s a good idea to post frequently. To stop this trend of losing followers, we recommend posting 2-3 times a week, not more than that.
3. Relevancy Ruined (posting irrelevant content)
The statement that you are losing followers because you are not posting the right content can mean a lot of things, and in this section we’ll discuss each of them.
This is one of the major reason why you may lose followers on your account. Over promotional content is the top reason people unfollow your brand. Sometimes, you may have seen brands posting everything about their product and services only rather following golden 80:20 rule. And you may also find those brands with least number of followers and least number of likes and engagement. This is because they are posting only about their brands, products, and what they are offering which is good but can harm a lot.
- Solution: The only way to get rid of is follow 80:20 rule means they should post 80% of their content about knowledge, tips, and tweaks to add value to visitors, and 20% of promotional content. Now you might be thinking that how it can benefit? So, if you follow this rule, you are telling your people that you don’t post everything about you only and that will encourage them to choose you over those over promotional accounts.
It’s like selling women’s clothing in a men’s shop. People may unfollow you due to irrelevant content. There is no doubt that if you post something unrelated to your brand, no one will want to watch you and follow you.
Because that makes sense, your content should always be related to what you are offering. The algorithms of social media platforms will not help you to grow your account since they see your effort as a way to deceive people and platforms.
- Solution: Show yourself as you are, not who you hope to be! Yes, people are only interested in what you are right now, not what you will become. According to our understanding, social media users decide when and what games to play and what prizes to award. Ultimately, you can use social listening tricks to find out what your customers or visitors want to see. That’s how you can easily maintain your followers.
These could all be reasons why you lose followers on social media. To help you maintain your followers, we compiled every scenario with possible solutions. Hopefully, you’ll use it soon and conquer it once more.
Do you want to increase your social media followers organically? M-connect Media can help you. We will provide you with SEO experts and marketers who can easily increase your followers organically with their knowledge and expertise. For more information, please contact us now.