Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.7-beta1 recently released on June 13, 2023. This release enhances GraphQL caching and increases GraphQL coverage for custom properties.
Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source received a 2.4.7 beta patch lately. However, New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are included in Adobe Commerce 2.4.7-beta1 and Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1.
In this article, Let’s look at the latest Magento 2.4.7 beta release’s exciting new features, highlights, upgrades, and other relevant information.
What’s New In Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1?
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 comes with more than 140 important improvements and updates. The software has been upgraded to the latest versions of Core Composer and other external libraries.
Magento now supports Composer 2.5, but you can still use Composer 2.2.x if you prefer. This version of Magento includes more support for custom properties in GraphQL and makes GraphQL caching better.
While the main code updates are included in Magento Open Source, some of these projects can also be used separately. However, If you want to know about bug fixes for these projects, you can find them in each project’s documentation.
It includes 140 quality fixes and enhancements to the Magento 2 core code, such as:
- Security Enhancements
- Platform Improvements
- GraphQL Caching Enhancements
- Page Builder Enhancements
- PWA Design Studio
Key Features of Magento 2.4.7-beta1
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 includes 140 quality fixes and enhancements. Adobe Commerce 2.4.7-beta1 includes 200 quality fixes and upgrades. Moreover, Third-party libraries and Core Composer dependencies updated to the latest versions of Magento.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.7-beta1 and Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 have been tested on the platforms listed below:
- Composer 2.5
- MySQL 8.0
- Redis 7.0
- Varnish 7.3
- MariaDB 10.6
- RabbitMQ 3.11
- Elasticsearch 8.5
- PHP 8.2 and 8.1
- OpenSearch 2.5
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 Highlights
We are really excited about the upcoming release of Magento Open Source 2.4.7, which is brought to you by Adobe. This release of Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 also brings some exciting features and improvements.
Here are some of the exciting things you can expect from this version:
This version has 13 fixes to make your website more secure. So far, there haven’t been any attacks related to these issues. Moreover, But there are some vulnerabilities that could be used to access customer information or take over administrator accounts.
To keep your website safe, it’s important to take precautions. However, One of the main things is to protect your Admin area. This means being careful with who has access to it. Moreover, We recommend taking all necessary steps to keep your Admin safe.
Please make sure to follow these precautions to protect your website:
- IP allowlisting
- Use of a VPN
- Two-factor authentication
- Good password hygiene
- Unique location Use rather than /admin
By taking these steps, you can also keep your Magento online store secure and ensure your important information is kept safe.
This release’s platform enhancements ensure compliance with the most recent security best practices. Furthermore, Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 includes the following features:
- Composer 2.5.x is the latest version. Composer 2.2.x compatibility is maintained.
- Varnish cache 7.3 compatibility. This release is backwards compatible with Varnish Cache 7.3. The 6.0.x and 7.2.x versions are still compatible, but we recommend using Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 exclusively with Varnish Cache version 7.3 or version 6.0 LTS.
- RabbitMQ 3.11 compatibility. This release is backwards compatible with RabbitMQ 3.11. RabbitMQ 3.9 is still maintained until August 2023, although we recommend using Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 exclusively with RabbitMQ 3.11.
This new release makes using GraphQL even better and adds support for customer EAV characteristics in the GraphQL schema. Here’s what it means:
- Custom attributes supported: The support for custom attributes in GraphQL has been improved by enhancing the API data. Now, You can use GraphQL to easily access and retrieve customer attributes and customer address information in the Admin.
- Website loading times reduced by strengthening GraphQL caching. Caching support added to these queries, which also helps in speeding up the loading of pages for most PWA sites.
- The GraphQL parser’s performance was enhanced by minimizing the number of times the parse function invoked per request. However, The parser had previously called at least three times.
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 works well with Page Builder version 1.7.4. This means you can also use the latest features of Page Builder to make your website even better.
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 is designed to work smoothly with PWA Studio version 13.2.x. This update also includes improvements to make it easier for everyone to use and access the website. Moreover, To know which versions of PWA Studio match with different versions of Magento Open Source, you can also refer to the Version Compatibility list.
Magento 2.4.7-beta1 Fixed Major Issues
Many bugs fixed in the core code of Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 to make it work better. Furthermore, Here are some of the issues that resolved in Magento 2.4.7 version:
- The problem of running out of memory during the upgrade process fixed.
- Issues with backing up the Magento database resolved.
- No more duplicate product codes when importing bundled products.
- Page caching problems with parent products fixed.
- Shipping information for guest customers is now correct.
- Product images in stock alert emails now show correctly.
- Price-drop alerts are now working as they should.
- GIF images can now be use in the product image gallery.
- Catalogue rules now work properly for multi-website setups.
- Improved translation support for stock and price alert emails.
- Google reCAPTCHA issues during the checkout process fixed.
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 Official Release Notes
The official release notes have more details about all the fixes and improvements in the Magento latest version.
The latest version of Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 released with exciting new features, improved security, and important bug fixes. Moreover, Make sure to schedule your site update to enjoy these enhancements.
We will continue to update you with the latest news about Magento 2.4.7. The beta2 version will released on October 10, 2023, and you can also find more information about upcoming Magento updates as well.
When you upgrade your old Magento version to the latest one, you get great benefits. You can enjoy new features that make online store even better, and customers will have a smoother and also more enjoyable shopping experience. So, upgrading is a smart choice for your business!
Mconnect Media, With almost ten years of experience in the Magento industry, you can trust our team of skilled and certified Magento developers. Moreover, Our experts will create a fantastic Magento solution just for you, helping you stay ahead of your competitors.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1?
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 is an updated version of the Magento software that also includes new features, bug fixes, and enhancements.
2. How can I upgrade to Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1?
To update to Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1, follow Magento’s official upgrading procedures. However, It is advisable that professional Magento developers assist you with the update procedure.
3. What are the highlights of Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1?
Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1 includes security fixes, platform enhancements, and compatibility with the latest versions of Composer, Varnish Cache, and RabbitMQ.
4. Why should I upgrade to Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1?
A: By updating to Magento Open Source 2.4.7-beta1, you will gain greater security, bug fixes, and expanded functionalities. Moreover, It makes your online business more dependable, safe, and appealing to customers.