Adobe has just released recent Magento Version 2.4.6, which includes PHP 8.2 support as well as other much-needed speed enhancements. The Latest Version of Magento 2.4.6 which is available from March 14, 2023.
Whether you’re familiar with Magento Commerce or Adobe Commerce, you’re aware that each upgrade brings exciting new features and enhancements.
Every Magento version upgrade adds new functionality, feature additions, security enhancements, and much more. Moreover, Let’s take a look at what’s new in the most recent Magento version 2.4.6 release.
What’s Advanced in Magento 2.4.6 Version?
Magento 2.4. 6 enhances shop performance with over 100 client categories. This version includes a new configuration option. Verify if a customer matched by segment in real time. By deactivating it, a store may limit the validation of each consumer segment against customers, improving its performance.
Magento 2.4.6 will also provide 300 quality fixes and upgrades. Magento 2.4.6 will provide significant speed and scalability enhancements. Third-party libraries and Core Composer dependencies will be updated to be compatible with PHP 8.2.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento 2.4.6 version upgrades will significantly improve your online selling experience. Furthermore, The following section goes over some of the important features from the Magento 2.4.6 beta release notes:
Magento 2.4.6 Key Features and Highlights
The Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.4.6 has covered many enhancements and updates which are as follows:
1. Security Enhancements
Adobe is continually working to improve the Magento platform’s security. Magento 2.4.6 has just eight security upgrades and platform security enhancements.
- These security updates have backported to Adobe Commerce 2.4.5-p2 and 2.4.4-p3.
- These improvements lower the likelihood of customer information being stolen or administrator sessions breached.
- More precise auditing of admin activities filled in the gaps in the Admin action logs.
- Resolved an issue with reCAPTCHA validation failing due to an unexpected error during payment processing.
2. Platform Enhancements
Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 adds PHP 8.2 support. PHP 8.1 is still fully supported. This version does not have PHP 7.4 support. Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 cannot be operated on PHP 7.4. Furthermore, This Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.4.6 version also includes the following features:
- Composer 2.2.x. and Composer 1.x has removed.
- Redis version 7.0.x. Although Redis 6.2 compatibility maintained, we encourage using Redis 7.0.x because Redis 6.2 is expected to be phased down in 2024.
- This version is OpenSearch v2.x compatible and has tested with OpenSearch 2.5. Although OpenSearch 1.x compatibility maintained, we recommend to use this version with OpenSearch 2.x.
- Supports ElasticSearch 8.x
- MariaDB 10.6 (LTS version). Although this version is still compatible with MariaDB 10.4, upgrade to MariaDB 10.6.
- DHL scheme migrated from v6.2 to v10.0.
- The outdated dependencies removed, and the Java libraries were upgraded.
- Adobe has also removed PHP 7.4 compatibility, jquery-migrate, and Zend framework from the commerce source for this version.
3. Performance and Scalability Enhancements
The most recent Magento/Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 release is future-ready! It is more efficient, scalable, and tailored to meet your ever-increasing company needs. In addition, the Magento 2.4.6 update supports the following:
- Increased operating performance encompassing over 100 client segments.
- A new system configuration choice has activated to limit the number of goods displayed in the product grid.
- Import performance has enhanced, enabling up to 100,000 records per minute of imports.
- Load balancing improved the performance of high-throughput order processing.
- Configuration option to boost performance for processes affecting customer segments.
4. GraphQL Performance Enhancements
The response time has improved when querying categories with category permissions enabled. Adobe’s newest update also includes several enhancements to increase Magento GraphQL performance.
- The functioning of the GraphQL resolver has improved.
- The data source no longer resets runtime-cached data for each new product handled, and performance has improved.
- The GraphQL resolver has improved product authorization processing. Product permissions now applied to product groups rather than per product.
- Response time for bulk cart operations has reduced.
- Product inline pieces have used to improve product permissions.
- GraphQL’s category tree rendering speed has enhanced.
5. Accessibility Updates
The emphasis of Magento 2.4.6 release has on developing a more perceptible, operable, intelligible, and robust retail experience on Venia (PWA). Furthermore, Some improvements include:
- The Sign in button’s visual text label now matches its accessible name.
- Buttons in the shop now also have descriptive, easy-to-remember names.
- The Has Video checkboxes in search filters now include verbal descriptive captions.
- Every page functionality on the shop is now available to keyboard-only users.
6. GraphQL Performance Enhancements
The GraphQL API completely exposes to B2B organizations the stunning spectrum of purchase order functionality. Furthermore, There are some GraphQL performance improvements in this version:
- The response time has improved when querying categories with category permissions enabled.
- GraphQL category tree rendering efficiency improved, allowing merchants to effortlessly explore over 1500 categories with up to 5 nested subcategory levels.
- Enhanced query performance during bulk cart operations by optimizing add product mutation categories.
7. Braintree Features Upgrade
The most recent Magento v2.4.6 release version has the following Braintree enhancements:
- The pay-later messages (banners) and options are accessible in Spanish and Italian.
- Pay Later messaging for PayPal Vault is now available.
- ACH has increased. Webhooks for LPM (Local Payment Methods) and Fraud Prevention have added.
8. PWA Studio and Page Builder
- Magento Open Source 2.4.6 is compatible with PWA Studio v.13.0.x. It features several accessibility upgrades.
- Magento Open Source 2.4.6 is compatible with Page Builder v.1.7.3.
Other Major Issue Fixed & Improvements in Magento 2.4.6
Hundreds of bugs have resolved in the most recent Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 releases. The following are a few examples of such significant bug fixes and code enhancements:
- Issues with Magento installation, upgrade, and deployment have resolved, and performance has improved.
- Google reCAPTCHA issues have also resolved, including No such cart with id = ID and ReCaptcha validation failed.
- The page builder now has a drag-and-drop tool for importing photos in bulk.
- When the Minimum Terms to match option is selected, Search will accept queries containing quote marks.
- Issues with the staging dashboard’s inaccurate total number of records have resolved.
- When the compilation command fails, it displays an error message.
- Overwriting of .gitignore files is avoided when using the composer install command.
- Exceptions and stack trace entries now logged in var/log/exception.log.
- The buttons at the checkout now respond to keyboard input as intended.
Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.4.6 Official Release Notes
Adobe has now released the Magento 2.4.6 release notes for Adobe Commerce. Check out the links listed below to read the whole Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 release notes.
Magento 2.4.6 further improves efficiency for extensive product catalogs when goods are presented in the grid, allowing shop administrators to restrict the number of top products displayed using a new system configuration parameter.
Furthermore, The recent Magento version is also more user-friendly for those with accessibility needs, improved accessibility and compatibility with screen readers.
Finally, Magento 2.4.6 has many improvements and new capabilities, making it a worthy upgrade for Magento business owners. However, the upgrading may be difficult since changes in Magento 2.4.6 may damage several extensions installed in your store, necessitating an update.
At M-Connect Media, we offer expert Magento development services that are both high-quality and reasonably priced. You may Contact one of our Magento experts or request a free pricing estimate for your project as soon as possible.