Magento Open Source offers platform quality, payment options, GraphQL caching speed, and usability enhancements. It also contains updates to Google modules that are integrated.
Adobe officially released Magento 2.4.5 for public availability on August 9, 2022. This version contains over 290 quality corrections and improvements. Moreover, Magento 2.4.5 performs significantly better in speed, security, and platform experience.
The code for these features is include in the quarterly updates of the Magento Open Source main code. Several of these projects are also publish separately. The Bug fixes for these projects recorded in project-specific version material, accessible in each project’s literature.
Seeing the platform thriving with significant feature updates and improvements is fantastic news for the Magento community. Magento shop owners can now update the newest Magento 2.4.5 for better e-commerce operations.
Magento 2.4.5 New Major Features and Highlights
The Magento 2.4.5 release has covered many enhancements and updates which are as follows:
1. Security Enhancements
This Magento 2.4.5 release includes 20 security fixes and platform security enhancements. This security update also has been backported to Magento Open Source 2.4.4-p1 and 2.3.7-p4.
There have been no verified attacks connected to these problems so far. As a result, it is a significant release in terms of security. Moreover, Some of Magento 2.4.5’s security enhancements are described below.
- Allow listing of IP addresses
- The usage of a VPN
- Authentication using two factors
- Use a unique location Instead of admin
- Excellent password hygiene
This release’s security enhancements also increase compliance with the most recent security best practices, including:
- Google reCAPTCHA has support to the Wish List
- Forms for sharing, creating a new customer account, and gift cards are all available.
- Inventory now includes Access control list (ACL) resources.
- The inventory template’s security has improved.
- The MaliciousCode filter now upgraded to use of the HtmlPurifier
2. Platform Enhancements
In the Magento 2.4.5 release, Adobe focused hard on improving the platform for developers. The order processing rate per hour has increased three times. This speed update is critical for firms that are rapidly expanding and receiving a high volume of orders.
Adobe Commerce will enable 3X more page visits per hour and 2X more concurrent admin users. Moreover, These enhancements point to a more stable and scalable e-commerce platform.
The following are some platform enhancements, including new features in the Magento 2.4.5 version.
- The New platform supports Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, jQueryUI 1.13.1, PHPStan 1.5.7.
- DHL Integration schema version 6.0 has been updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- Twenty composer Outdated dependencies updated to the latest version.
3. GraphQL Performance Enhancements
GraphQL is an open-source data query language for application programming interfaces (APIs). The GraphQL API has improved with the current 2.4.5 version to enhance the consumer and developer experience.
Most significantly, the Magento 2.4.5 version includes several GraphQL performance improvements. The GraphQL enhancements are intended to provide developers with a speedier development experience. Furthermore, This version consists of a few new features.
- On deployment Faster rebuilding of unified storefront GraphQL schema
- The authorization token expiration date/time to consume via the GraphQL API.
- Enables to totally disable session cookies for all GraphQL activities.
- The use of sessions has eliminated from the http header.
4. Accessibility Updates
The emphasis of the Magento 2.4.5 release has been on developing a more perceptible, operable, intelligible, and robust retail experience on Venia (PWA). The goal was to make it more understandable and functional. Thus the following changes made:
- Screen reader users are now informed of the summary information for search results.
- When a new page view loads, screen readers are now notified.
- The contrast and keyboard accessibility have both enhanced.
5. Payment Enhancements
Adobe team has integrated Apple Pay as a new payment option in the current Magento 2.4.5 version. A few improvements have also made to the PayPal and Braintree payment options.
The following are the highlights of the payment enhancements in Magento 2.4.5 features.
- Apple Pay is currently accepted by all the merchants.
- PayPal Pay Later is now available to Italian and Spanish merchants.
- In the backend, store administrators may now evaluate PayPal Credit Card and Pay Later buttons.
- Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection has removed from the Magento 2.4.5 source.
- For Braintree payments, the ‘Always request 3DS’ option has introduced.
6. Google Analytics
The interaction with Google Services has re-implemented to include all of Google’s updates. With a connection with GTag, Google has upgrade the tracking and integration techniques of AdWords and Analytics in web apps.
Integrating Google capabilities into website pages expands chances for tracking and managing material via Google Services.
Adobe Commerce has several built-in modules, such as Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager, that use the old API to integrate with Google services. Moreover, This integration has re-implemented in this release utilizing the GTag method.
7. PWA Studio
The most recent Magento version 2.4.5 is compatible with PWA Studio version 12.5.x. The PWA Studio has a number of upgrades, which includes the following features:
- For Merchants, the PWA Studio storefront may gather consumer behavior data.
- A subscription allows merchants to gain insight into web analytics.
- Merchants can also implement services via the backend admin (Google Tag Manager).
- Retailers can sign up for and extend events as required.
8. Page Builder
Page Builder v.1.7.2 works flawlessly with Magento Open Source 2.4.5 and Adobe Commerce. This implies that users will have total control over the storefront’s column settings. The following improvements have made to the Page Builder column layout:
- Columns are now visible, allowing users to choose column settings on the storefront.
- Wrapping triggered by user actions now supported for column resizing.
Fixed Major Issues in Magento 2.4.5 Release
Magento 2.4.5 has addressed hundreds of issues identified in previous versions, such as installation fixes, deployment, upgrades, accessibility, and so on. Furthermore, Some of the significant issues that have been resolved are listed below.
- Updating the administrative URL no longer raises an exception.
- Resolved Issues with Adobe Stock sign-out.
- When the Product Sub special rule is used, the cart total for a bundle product is accurately computed.
- Resolved the DOM problems associated with the address search pop-up on the billing phase of the checkout workflow.
- For consumers with global account sharing, a single login is now acceptable for numerous store views.
- When altering the quantity of a customizable product, the correct pricing displayed on the product page.
- With email addresses beginning with “.-,” the system emails function perfectly.
- An error appears on the shipping page when a consumer provides an incorrect email address.
- Resolved logo-related difficulties on the shop’s print order/invoice/credit memo pages.
- The admin translates the title of the ‘Show Password’ option on various pages.
- Pictures on product pages fully displayed with no flickering.
- The unsubscribe URL in the email newsletter now works correctly.
- The customer name shown accurately when PayPal guest customers place orders.
- Product color filtering in the layered navigation now works perfectly.
- In the product grid, long names are word-wrapped.
Magento 2.4.5 Official Release Notes
The Magento 2.4.5 version release includes several improvements to performance, platform, payments, and other areas. Moreover, Check out the official release notes for additional information about Magento 2.4.5.
The Magento 2.4.5 is a significant update for shop owners in terms of platform performance, quality, cache, payment improvement, and other features. Furthermore, The new version of Magento 2 is superior in every way and is worth upgrading to. You may also get the most recent version of Magento 2 from the official website.
The most recent Magento 2.4.5 version includes several improvements to the platform’s speed, security, and user experience. With the new upgrade, store owners may also provide clients with a more sophisticated shopping experience.
As you can see, Magento version 2.4.5 is superior in every way: security, platform, accessibility, and so on. As a result, you should strengthen your store by updating to the most recent Magento 2.4.5 release.
In general, it is critical to regularly upgrade Magento platform in order to maintain your business completely safe and up to date. You may hire our certified Magento specialists if you need professional assistance upgrading your shop with no store data loss and short downtime.